Posh productions’ president and event producer, Ashleigh Dorfman, enjoys writing about events, almost as much as she enjoys producing them! Please read:
My point of view on strategies, trends and best practices for producing special events!
posh in a pinch
Quick tips for taking your personal celebrations from plain to posh!
Sign up to receive helpful event strategies and inspiring celebration ideas each month.
Recent issue: May 2013 Event News
- Celebration of Life
- Why Don’t People RSVP?
- Watermelon Cooler recipe
- Golf Tee Boutonnieres
- posh Events
Click to read the Newsletter Archives
posh productions in the News
- ISES DC Hands Out Awards at Gannett Headquarters (BizBash, March 2012)
Events Guru articles in I Am Modern magazine:
- Planning an Event? There’s an App for That! (Spring 2013) – event planning technology
- Host a Spook-tacular Kid’s Party (Fall 2012) – “Let the Ghoul Times Roll” with this Mardi Gras-inspired Halloween party
- Splurge on the Cake (Fall 2012) – practical point-of-view for planning a stress-free kid’s birthday party
- Celebrating Real Love (Spring 2012) – ideas for anniversary celebrations
- Hidden Gems (Winter 2012) – fabulous venues in Northern Virginia
- ‘It’s a Wrap’ Holiday Party (Holiday 2011)
Entertaining contributor to The DC Ladies blog
‘By the Numbers’ Series
What’s in a number? A lot, if you are hosting a party! Knowing your numbers ensures that you will have sufficient food and drinks and that, subsequently, guests will have an enjoyable experience at your party. Below is my numbers chart that I’ve developed over the years from the wisdom shared by preferred caterers and rental companies. These numbers are rule of thumb; many factors may impact your final numbers.